The Big Green Box for Household Batteries offers certified recycling for all batteries commonly used around the home and office. Perfect for alkaline batteries from your remote control or wireless mouse, rechargeable laptop or cell phone batteries, or even your old power tool batteries. See Acceptable Materials below for details.
Each Big Green Box includes shipping to your location, shipping back to our permitted recycling facility, and all recycling fees for up to 43 lbs. of Household Batteries. In addition, we will provide you with a Certificate of Acceptance and Recycling for every box returned so that you can keep track of all the batteries you've recycled.
- Alkaline Batteries (e.g. AA, AAA, C, D, 9V)
- Nickel Cadmium Batteries (NiCd)
- Nickel-Metal Hydride Batteries (NiMH)
- Lithium Ion Cells (less than 60 Wh rated capacity)
- Lithium Ion Batteries (less than 300 Wh rated capacity)
Lithium Metal cells (less than 5g of lithium content) *
- Lithium Metal batteries (less than 25g of lithium content) *
- Lead Acid (Non-Spillable)
- Silver Oxide
- Carbon Zinc
- Portable Electronics
* Customers are prohibited from placing more than 10 lbs. of Lithium Metal Cells or Batteries into a Household Batteries box and must instead purchase a Lithium Metal Batteries box.
- Batteries containing free-flowing electrolyte.
- Low production run and prototype batteries.
- Damaged, defective or recalled batteries.
See Packaging Batteries for more details.
Box Weight Capacity: 43 lbs.
Box Dimensions: 12.0"W X 11.0"L X 8.0"H
Detailed Packaging Guidelines