Only federal agencies may purchase this container.
The Big Green Box for Lithium Metal Batteries offers certified recycling for non-rechargeable lithium batteries widely used in both consumer electronics and industrial applications.
Lithium Metal Batteries find application in many long-life, or otherwise critical devices, such as medical devices, circuit boards, electronic water/gas meters, and vehicle transponders.
Each Big Green Box includes shipping to your location, shipping back to our permitted recycling facility, and all recycling fees for up to 43 lbs. of Lithium Metal Batteries. In addition, we will provide you with a Certificate of Acceptance and Recycling for every box returned so that you can keep track of all the batteries you've recycled.
- Lithium cells (less than 5 grams of lithium content)
- Lithium batteries (less than 25 grams of lithium content)
- Electronic device containing either of the above
Guide to Determine Lithium Content
Lithium cells (lmore than 5 grams of lithium content)
Lithium batteries (more than 25 grams of lithium content)
- Batteries containing free-flowing electrolyte.
- Low production run and prototype batteries.
- Damaged, defective or recalled batteries.
See Packaging Batteries for more details.
Box Weight Capacity: 43 lbs.
Box Dimensions: 12.0"W X 11.0"L X 8.0"H
Detailed Packaging Guidelines